The XILS 4 emulates a prototype that was never released the EMS VCS4 based on two integrated interlinked and interacting VCS 3 ( Synthi) cores. They also coupled them with the famous 256 analog polysequencer
Like the 2nd huge Pin Matrix and its numerous additional modules:
Envelopes LFOs S&H Voltage Processor Pitch Tracker Transient etc. Or the recreation of the unique powerfull 256 analog Polysequencer intimately tied to the synthesis engines. Add to that the analog Chorus ( 3 modes ) Delay and Phaser the Spring Reverb and the picture emerges.
- In the XILS 4 you can connect everything with everything and you get more than 1140 possible different connexions per patch.
- An endless source of inspiration for those who want to go deep into the heart of Analog Modular Synthesis.
- 2 Analog Multimode Filters Non Linear and zero delay Behaviors with 3 Modes (12/18/24 dB)
- 4 Trapezoidal looping Envelope Generators. (Switchable to standard ADSR)
- 5 Polyphonic LFOs (including 4 Oscillator acting as LFO at audio rate)
- Polyphonic Ring Modulator and VCA engine
- Cascade Mode : Synthesizer 1 can feed Synth 2 engine inputs
- 4 independent outputs feeding the Stereo Bus each with one analog Lp/Hp filter
- 2 Programmable Joystick Vector Controllers (up to 32+32 modulation targets)
- Polyphonic Sequencer with 3 independent lines Slew rates 3 recording modes.
- Sequencer can behave as modulation source.
- Pitch Tracker Envelope Follower Transient Gate Sample & Hold Modules
- Chorus Delay Phaser Spring Reverb
- 6 Play modes (including Unison 2/4/6) Polyphonic and mono Portamento/Glissando/Legato 2 different Keyboard Scaling Polyphonic Aftertouch and VCA handling.
- Nearly 700 presets made by worldwide famous Sound Designers
- Preset Database Engine (Find the right patch in a flash create your own tags)
- Comprehensive manual with a getting started and tutorial sections
- More than 100 parameters mappable to midi controllers
- More than 1100 possible connexions per patch!!!
The XILS 4 are available with the following formats (32 and 64 bits):
- Mac OSX 10.3.9 and later : VST Audio Unit RTAS (Protools 7.0 and later) AAX (32&64 bits native)
- Windows XP Vista and 7; VST RTAS (Protools 7.0 and later) AAX (32&64 bits native)