EastWest Fab Four Virtual Instruments [Download]EW-170D
- Shipping & Returns
- Payment Plans
- Protect Your Gear
FAB FOUR is a virtual instrument inspired by the sounds of the Beatles, using the same kind of period instruments and authentic rare EMI recording equipment the Beatles used to create their music.
FAB FOUR sound engineer KEN SCOTT worked on five Beatles albums, including "A Hard Days Night", "Help", "Rubber Soul", "Magical Mystery Tour" (engineer), and "The Beatles" (engineer) - also known as the "White Album". Drummer DENNY SEIWELL and Guitarist LAURENCE JUBER were both members of Paul McCartney and Wings.
No expense was spared finding the same kind of period instruments and rare authentic EMI and other recording equipment the Beatles used to create their sounds to produce this collection, much of which, ironically, will end up in EASTWEST Studios, where the Beach Boys "Pet Sounds" was recorded, the inspiration for the Beatles "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band" album, according to Paul McCartney.
Well over a million dollars worth of instruments, amplifiers, microphones, recording desks (including very rare EMI REDD tube and TG12345 desks), outboard equipment (including Fairchild limiters and EMI RS124 modified Altec compressors), and Studer J-37 tube multi-tracks were used in this production. If you are a film/tv/game composer, or a musician/producer looking for sounds not found in other collections, this is it. Blending these unique and sometimes bizarre sounds with today's music should enable you to produce something truly fab!
- Produced by DOUG ROGERS
- Engineered by KEN SCOTT (Beatles/David Bowie/Elton John/Supertramp etc.)
- Includes authentic rare period guitars (acoustic and electric), basses, drums, keyboards, stringed and other misc instruments
- The same kind of microphones were used to record all instruments (Neumann/AKG/Cole/STC)
- The same kind of period amplifiers - Fender Tan Showman (1963), Fender Bassman (1963), Vox AC30 (1963), Vox AC50 (1965), Vox Defiant (1966), Vox 730 (1966), Vox 7120 (1966), Fender Showman (1967), Fender DeLuxe (1967) - were used with the electric guitars
- The same kind of recording desks and preamps, including a very rare EMI REDD tube desk, EMI TG12345 desk (the same kind of desk used to record "Abbey Road" and Pink Floyd's "Dark Side of the Moon"), and EMI REDD47 preamps, were used to record all instruments
- The same kind of limiters (Fairchild) and compressors (rare EMI RS124 modified Altec) were used for dynamics control
- The same kind of Studer J-37 tube 4-track was used to record everything
- 13 GB Free Hard Disc Space
- MAC Minimum Requirements: Intel Core 2 Duo Processor 2.1GHz or higher (PPC not supported), 8GB RAM, Mac OSX 10.7 or later, 7200 RPM or faster (non energy saving) hard drive for sample streaming
- MAC Recommended Sysyem: Mac Pro Late 2013 edition (current model with round enclosure) or above, 16GB RAM or more, Mac OSX 10.7 or later, SSD (Solid State Drive) for sample streaming
- PC Minimum Requirements: Intel Core 2 Duo, or AMD Dual Core 2.1GHz or higher, 8GB RAM, Windows 7 or later, Sound card with ASIO drivers, 7200 RPM or faster (non energy saving) hard drive for sample streaming
- PC Recommended System: Intel Core 2 Quad, or AMD Quad Core 2.66GHz or higher, 16GB RAM or more, Windows 7 or later (64-bit Windows/Host Sequencer), Sound card with ASIO drivers, SSD (Solid State Drive) for sample streaming
We understand that when you make an order, you want your gear as quickly as possible and we'll do our best to make that happen! Most of the items we sell will ship quickly and be at your door fast. In most cases, orders ship within 1-3 business days. Shipping and delivery dates are not guaranteed unless otherwise specified.
Most orders $100 and over qualify for FREE shipping within the Continental United States. Some exclusions may apply.
See our full Shipping Policy for further details.
Buy Online, Pick Up In Store
Most orders are usually ready within 24 hours for same-day pickup or get free shipping to your local store. Just choose the "Ship to store" option at checkout.
See our full Shipping Policy for further details.
Local Pickup Only
Some products are available for local pickup only. If you’d like this item shipped, please call or text us at 1 (888) 900-1959 to discuss shipping options.
Starting Dec 7th through December 23rd, any new item (other than as noted on our full Return Policy) purchased from Bananas at Large may be returned within 14 days of the invoice date for a full refund, 30 days exchange or credit. All Pre-Owned Products may be returned in 48 hours. All Clearance, “additional mark down”, additionally discounted, “blow out”, “door buster” or otherwise identified as on sale are all sales final.
For online orders, the above return policy begins on the day the items were delivered. We must receive an active tracking number within the specified time.
See our full Return Policy for all of the pertinent details.
Play now & Pay later!
Make music more affordable with these easy payment plans. It only takes a few minutes to apply or just choose the payment option at checkout. Bananas at Large offers these online and in-store financing options: Sezzle, Affirm, FuturePay, Community Finance, Synchrony and more! Click here for details.
Who is Warranty Life?
Warranty Life is a premium provider of protection plans. Backed by A- Rated carriers or better, our protection plans bring you piece of mind knowing you are covered.
With each WarrantyLife purchase comes a free online warranty account, where you can track the warranty coverage, review Terms and Conditions and gain access to claim information should you need it. Something not offered by other warranty companies.
- Power surges
- Mechanical or electrical failures, including those due to normal wear and tear
- Defects in materials and workmanship
- Internal heat, dust and humidity