Image Line IL Harmless [Download]11-31130
Additive Subractive Synthesizer
Harmless is an additive synthesizer doing subtractive synthesis. Or if you prefer a subtractive synthesizer powered by an additive synthesis engine. Harmonics are not produced to be filtered the timbre is filtered before being generated. This may sound like a detail but generating sounds this way offers a lot more advantages than drawbacks. Powered by a highly optimized multithreaded additive engine CPU usage is comparable to the one of traditional subtractive synthesizers especially for low-passed timbres. Voices may be generating hundreds of harmonics in parallel and still not overload the CPU.
Harmless was limited by design. Image Line doesn't have any problem with complex synthesizers (they've made several) but they're not for everyone. Here no tabs no hidden controls no multipoint envelopes all features are visible at once and color-grouped. Over 100 parameters most of which being automatable are laid over a clear GUI.
- Filtering and phasing can be assigned unusual shapes & slopes
- Powered by a highly optimized multithreaded additive engine
- No tabs no hidden controls no multipoint envelopes all features are visible at once and color-grouped
- Packed with effects the usual chorus delay & reverb but also a multiband compressor/limiter powered by Maximus itself
- 2Ghz AMD or Intel Pentium 3 compatible CPU with full SSE1 support
- 512Mb RAM.
- 30Mb free disc space.
- DirectSound or ASIO compatible soundcard.