KHDK The Scuzz Box Germanium-Voiced Fuzz PedalKHDK-SB
- Shipping & Returns
- Payment Plans
- Protect Your Gear
*Clearance Item: May be New Sealed Box, Open Box or Display Model. Item is considered new and comes with full manufacture’s warranty. All sales final.
Scuzz Box is KHDK’s germanium-voiced fuzz pedal. It provides a singing and powerful fuzz with a bit of gnarly at the flip of a switch.
The Scuzz Box is crafted using discrete transistor technology with a meticulously tuned circuit for the highest performance. Inspired by iconic fuzz pedals of the 60’s, the Scuzz Box circuit is enhanced to match the needs of a modern-day guitar player and delight vintage pedal lovers.
The KHDK Scuzz Box is powered by a single 9V battery. You can access the battery connection by unscrewing the bottom plate of the pedal enclosure. Alternatively, plug in an external 9V DC (center negative) power supply.
The dramatic character of the Scuzz Box shines in its two distinct modes: Scuzz and Fuzz.
The Fuzz is a highly dynamic, articulate fuzz tone. Every note is meant to be heard and it cleans up beautifully with your guitar volume.
The Scuzz brings a dangerous, unique and biting sound. It is an unpredictable, ruckus velcro-type gated fuzz with a nasty, gnarly and buzzy tone with ripping textures. Thanks to a cleverly-used gating effect, the sustaining notes die quickly with virtually no residual noise. The final sound is mercurial and oscillating with tinges of 8-bit. It’s pretty wild. Note that the Scuzz is too powerful and the sound too highly compressed to be controlled by your guitar’s volume. It can be silent or extremely loud: nothing in between.
Buffer eliminates the unwanted oscillation that may occur with effects placed in front of the Scuzz Box. The switch helps retain clarity and eliminates passive signal loss in longer cables.
There are no rules for having the Buffer On or Off – let your ears be the judge
- Fuzz makes your signal overdriven, dirty and massive. Higher settings increase the distortion and sustain of tone. Lower settings have great dynamics and pick sensitivity.
- Deep controls the amount of lows going into the Scuzz Box and dramatically influences the overall dynamics, defining the character of the tone before the gain stage. It allows you to match your guitar, pedal and amp to harmonize as a perfect trio. Deep determines whether the tone is fat and massive or overdrive-like with a faster attack. At the lowest setting, the bass remains tight. At the highest setting you can achieve a boomy bass overload with endless sustain.
- Volume sets the output volume of the pedal. Warning: at higher settings, the Scuzz Box has a massive output. This pedal gets LOUD!
- Tone is a natural hi-cut control with a very wide range. Turn it clockwise for more high end, turn it counterclockwise to cut highs.
We understand that when you make an order, you want your gear as quickly as possible and we'll do our best to make that happen! Most of the items we sell will ship quickly and be at your door fast. In most cases, orders ship within 1-3 business days. Shipping and delivery dates are not guaranteed unless otherwise specified.
Most orders $50.00 and over qualify for FREE shipping within the Continental United States. Some exclusions may apply.
See our full Shipping Policy for further details.
Buy Online, Pick Up In-Store
Most orders are usually ready within 24 hours for same-day pickup or get free shipping to your local store. Just choose the "Ship to store" option at checkout.
See our full Shipping Policy for further details.
If your order arrives and it is not right, we'll take care of it, no monkey business, we promise.
Instrument doesn't sound right or just not happy with the product? You can return any new, unused and unaltered item within 14 days of the invoice date or on the day the items were delivered, for a full refund of the purchase price minus shipping costs, or for exchange or credit.
See our full Return Policy for all of the pertinent details.
Play now & Pay later!
Make music more affordable with these easy payment plans. It only takes a few minutes to apply or just choose the payment option at checkout. Bananas at Large offers these online and in-store financing options: Sezzle, Affirm, FuturePay, Community Finance, Synchrony and more! Click here for details.
Who is Warranty Life?
Warranty Life is a premium provider of protection plans. Backed by A- Rated carriers or better, our protection plans bring you piece of mind knowing you are covered.
With each WarrantyLife purchase comes a free online warranty account, where you can track the warranty coverage, review Terms and Conditions and gain access to claim information should you need it. Something not offered by other warranty companies.
- Power surges
- Mechanical or electrical failures, including those due to normal wear and tear
- Defects in materials and workmanship
- Internal heat, dust and humidity