Mesa Boogie 2.MM.BB Mark Five: 25 Head
The new MARK FIVE: 25™ provides a “greatest hits” collection of our renowned Mark Series preamp circuits served up with a brash new attitude all its own packaged in a unbelievably small size!
In this latest 25 watt incarnation, the sounds and attributes that make MARK Series amps so popular on stage and in the studio are not only shrunk to their smallest possible physical size, but are also further refined and improved. The gorgeous sparkling Cleans and soaring high gain Lead sounds have made the jump successfully across output tube platforms and a new and exciting timbre of the MARK Series voice is created here in the MARK FIVE: 25’s EL84 Duet. Brighter, tighter, more shredding in the top end, a bit more forgiving in feel and exceedingly more clip-able, the FIVE: 25 is right on time. Whether introducing the MARK heritage to a new generation of low wattage devotees, or fulfilling the ultra-portable Tone Dreams of steadfast MARK Series fans, the MARK FIVE: 25 has got what it takes to inspire and fuel your passion in the most manageable package ever!
The MARK FIVE:25, like the MARK FIVE it is born from, is really a collection of iconic amplifiers. There are far too many circuits and sounds to think of it as merely an amp... it’s a living history of MESA/Boogie!
- Amp Type: Tube
- Chassis Material: Aluminum
- Rectifier Type: Silicon Diodes
- Preamp Tubes: 6x Mesa 12AX7
- Power Amp Tubes: 2x Mesa EL-84
- Wattage: 10 or 25 Watts - Channel Assignable
- Power Amp Details: Mesa's Patented Multi-Watt™ (Patent 7,602,927) Power Amp, featuring Dyna-Watt™ technology, providing two power levels, each with different wiring configurations (Pentode/Triode) via two 10/25 Watt Power Switches: Choose from 2 power tubes operating in Class A/B Triode for lush harmonics and a sweet, liquid feel at lower volumes, producing 10 Watts or; 2 tubes operating in Mesa's proprietary Dyna-Watt™ Class A/B Pentode for maximum power, punch and clarity, producing 25 Watts
- Convection or Fan Cooling: Convection
- Number of Footswitchable Channels (or Modes): Two Channels
- Number of Style Modes: Six
- Number of Style Modes per Channel: Three
- Types of Style Modes per Channel: Ch. 1 = Clean, Fat or Crunch/Ch. 2 = Mark IIC+™, Mark IV™ or Extreme
- Channel Controls: Each Channel features Independent 3-Position Style Mode Switch, 10/25 Watt Multi-Watt™ Switch, Gain, Treble, Mid/Boost (Ch 1), Mid (Ch 2), Bass, Presence, Reverb (back panel), Master and Graphic EQ Assignment Switch (On, Off or Footswitchable)
- Graphic EQ and/or Contour: Selectable 5-Band Graphic EQ (Footswitchable, Channel Assignable or Off)
- Reverb / Effects & Bypass Options: All-Tube, Spring Reverb with Independent Channel Controls
- Effects Loop and Bypass Options: Fully Buffered Series FX Loop
- Speaker Ouputs: One 8 ohm and Two 4 ohm
- Cabinet Simulation - Direct Live/Recording Output: Built-in Mesa CabClone™ Cab Simulator with Internal Amp Load & Headphone Output - Featuring Closed Back & Open Back Cabinet Simulations, Speaker On/Off and Ground Lift Switches
- Headphone Output: Yes