MESA/Boogie Throttle Box EQ PedalFP.TEQ
- Shipping & Returns
- Payment Plans
- Protect Your Gear
The THROTTLE BOX EQ™ combines the enhanced tone shaping power of our popular Boogie® Five-Band Graphic Equalizer with footswitchable HI/LO performance Modes and easy “Top Panel” access to the previously internal BOOST feature of the original THROTTLE BOX™.
With the worldwide success of the THROTTLE BOX™ overdrive, we saw potential for an even more powerful version that included our classic Five-Band Graphic Equalizer. With the added shaping power the on-board Five Band EQ creates the THROTTLE BOX EQ can go anywhere you want to take it stylistically. The middle range of the GAIN control delivers tight, stinging overdrive that–depending on whether you choose LO or HI GAIN Modes–can cover everything from Blues to Modern Metal with plenty of attitude and an urgent percussive nature. Cranking things up into the upper one-third of the GAIN control in HI unleashes a hot-rod that’s blistering with searing top-end harmonics.
For Hard Rock and Metal our Graphic EQ set to the popular mid-scooped “V-Curve” has over a four decade track record of creating the heaviest sounds around. With limitless curve possibilities, the Graphic expands the potential for sonic diversity across all styles as well as being able to unleash Mayhem.
Like the original, this expanded THROTTLE BOX includes two Modes but here they are controlled by a HI/LO footswitch that enables you to have two gain regions to choose from during live performance. There are also dedicated HI LEVEL and LO LEVEL Output controls, allowing you to set the desired volume level for each Gain Mode individually. The EQ can be assigned to either or both of these Gain Mode choices so that it becomes active with the desired Gain Mode selection. In addition, we’ve fitted a MID CUT control that allows global scooping of the mids in addition to whatever you might do with the Graphic sliders. And finally, the internally selectable BOOST switch hidden under the Bottom Plate on the original THROTTLE BOX appears on this EQ version as an easily accessible Top Panel BOOST switch for extra girth and a bit of gain enhancement. We’re confident this pedal will exceed your expectations and provide an inspiring tool for expression.
- Designed and Handcrafted in Petaluma, California, USA
- True Bypass On/Off Footswitch bypasses all circuitry when off to ensure no tonal loss
- HI/LO Footswitch provides instant access between HI & LO (Gain) Modes for greater musical versatility
- Gain Control allows you to dial in the perfect amount of classic to modern high-gain
- Tone Control balances the amount of high frequencies
- Mid-Cut Control provides powerful mid-scoop for modern high-gain styles
- Boost Switch provides an enhanced EQ-voicing with more and lower bottom end, sweet tailored mids and crisp, shimmering highs
- 5-Band Graphic EQ with LED Indicators provide Auto-Assignability to either Mode (HI or LO) via Independent On/Off Switches and Mesa’s legendary tone-shaping power with +/- 12dB of boost or cut at 80Hz, 240Hz, 750Hz, 2.2Khz and 6.6Khz
- Independent HI & LO Mode Master Level Controls provide exceptional performance versatility and a variable range of signal boost up to +20dB for each Mode
- On/Off Status LED with Dual Color LED’s to indicate the active Mode (LO = Yellow / HI = Red)
- 9V Battery Powered or Externally Powered (optional) via External Power Supply Input Jack
- Input & Output Jacks (Nominal Input -20dB)
We understand that when you make an order, you want your gear as quickly as possible and we'll do our best to make that happen! Most of the items we sell will ship quickly and be at your door fast. In most cases, orders ship within 1-3 business days. Shipping and delivery dates are not guaranteed unless otherwise specified.
Most orders $50.00 and over qualify for FREE shipping within the Continental United States. Some exclusions may apply.
See our full Shipping Policy for further details.
Buy Online, Pick Up In-Store
Most orders are usually ready within 24 hours for same-day pickup or get free shipping to your local store. Just choose the "Ship to store" option at checkout.
See our full Shipping Policy for further details.
Local Pickup Only
Some products are available for local pickup only. If you’d like this item shipped, please contact us at 1 (888) 900-1959 to discuss shipping options.
If your order arrives and it is not right, we'll take care of it, no monkey business, we promise.
Instrument doesn't sound right or just not happy with the product? You can return any new, unused and unaltered item within 14 days of the invoice date or on the day the items were delivered, for a full refund of the purchase price minus shipping costs, or for exchange or credit.
See our full Return Policy for all of the pertinent details.
Play now & Pay later!
Make music more affordable with these easy payment plans. It only takes a few minutes to apply or just choose the payment option at checkout. Bananas at Large offers these online and in-store financing options: Sezzle, Affirm, FuturePay, Community Finance, Synchrony and more! Click here for details.
Who is Warranty Life?
Warranty Life is a premium provider of protection plans. Backed by A- Rated carriers or better, our protection plans bring you piece of mind knowing you are covered.
With each WarrantyLife purchase comes a free online warranty account, where you can track the warranty coverage, review Terms and Conditions and gain access to claim information should you need it. Something not offered by other warranty companies.
- Power surges
- Mechanical or electrical failures, including those due to normal wear and tear
- Defects in materials and workmanship
- Internal heat, dust and humidity