AutoTheory is a MIDI mapping device designed to empower users with the ability to freely and easily compose chord progressions and matching melodies. AutoTheory is not a plug-in it works as a filter that goes in between your MIDI controller/keyboard and your DAW. AutoTheory intercepts the data from your keyboard and organizes it into highly efficient layouts for playing at a high level before sending that data into your DAW through virtual midi controllers. This process is accomplished by splitting your keyboard into two separate functions; a Chord Generator and a Melody Lock. All octaves to the left side of your keyboard will act as a Chord Generator while all octaves to the right side of your keyboard will act as a Melody Lock. The Chord Generator enables users to play entire chords when holding down single white keys while the Melody Lock aligns scale and chord tones to white keys in highly playable configurations. The Chord Generator and Melody Lock functions can be configured through four different Mappings that accommodate users of all skill and experience levels. Whether you’re an experienced piano player or a true beginner AutoTheory provides you with tools to greatly improve your ability to compose high quality music.
- Key & Scale Parameters – Easily create chord progressions and matching melodies from any key and a wide range of scales.
- Chord Generator – Play any type of chord progression imaginable while holding down single keys.
- Melody Lock – Easily play matching melodies alongside of any chord progression through the patented Open Arpeggiation technology.
- Chord Editor – Customize your chord palette in any way imaginable. Define any type of extended chord apply any type of accidental or use any type of inversion/voicing that you can think of with the patented Chord Editor system.
- Device Outputs – Route the Chord Generator and Melody Lock to multiple instruments within your DAW allowing for simultaneous play back. The flexible output matrix provides up to eight different outputs that can be organized in a fully dimensional manner.
- Compatible with Mac OSX (10.6 and up) and Windows (7 and up).