Expand your Bass Playing : 5 Pentatonic Positions - 1/30 11:30am
Curious about the pentatonic scales? Are you stuck playing the same old stuff?
January 30th 11:30 - 12:30, plus a thirty minute Q&A directly after the clinic
Want to get some step by step instruction?
Led by bass player & teacher, Angeline Saris, in this clinic, you will learn the five pentatonic positions and how to use them to craft interesting fills and enhance your overall bass playing. Beginner’s will learn the basics of the major and minor pentatonic scales, while more intermediate and advanced students will learn all five positions. Everyone will have an opportunity to write a few fills in class over a backing track to apply your new knowledge and understanding! Finally, we will look at how some of the masters have used these shapes in their own bass lines. All levels welcome!
By the end of this clinic, you will:
- Know how to construct both a major and minor pentatonic scale
- Understand the scale degrees that make up both the major and minor pentatonic scales
- Learn the 5 pentatonic positions
- Have written at least 1-2 of your own fills during class over a backing track
- Study and start to learn one of Pino Palladino’s and Nathan Watts pentatonic bass fills
Sign up now to reserve your spot! The class will be a virtual ZOOM class. A ZOOM link will be emailed to all paid & registered students 48 hours before the class begins. If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to Angeline at email@example.com.Sign up now to reserve your spot
Having trouble signing up? Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org!