Acoustic Guitar Accessories
It doesn't matter whether you're just starting out or have been playing for years — there are other things you need besides your acoustic guitar by itself.
Part of the acoustic guitar's appeal is its simplicity. As long as you have your guitar in tune, you can play it any time. Other musicians don't have that benefit. Drummers have a lot of different equipment and a longer setup, and electric guitarists and bassists need an amp to get the best sound out of their instruments.
Even so, there are a few accessories that you can pick up to ease your playing and help you get the best sound possible out of your acoustic guitar.
Get the Most out of Your Acoustic Guitar
Here are some accessories for your acoustic guitar that can help you out, no matter your skill level:
- Cases: At some point, you'll probably need to transport your guitar from one place to another. You wouldn't want to just toss your guitar in the trunk or backseat of your car by itself — a case will help keep it safe. And it's not just helpful during transportation. When you aren't playing at home, you can keep the instrument from getting dusty and away from other things that could damage it.
- Tuners: Unless you have perfect pitch, you'll need a tuner to make sure your guitar is sounding its best. Having a tuner will help you keep your guitar in tune and can also help train your ear.
- Stands: Whether at home or on stage a good guitar stand is a must for protecting and displaying your guitar.
- Metronome: A metronome will keep time for you. Whether you're learning a tricky rhythm or need to work on speeding up your playing for a song your band is learning, this tool will come in handy.
- Strings: If you can only pick up one accessory for your acoustic guitar, make sure you pick up some extra strings. Imagine that you're in the zone — you've reached a really great groove during your practice session, and then ... a string breaks. You don't have any extras. If you want to keep practicing, you have to take off your old strings, run out to the music store and restring your guitar. Even if you have more time to practice, you've lost the zone you were in earlier. Whatever the scenario, you don't want to find yourself with a broken string and no replacement on hand.
- Straps: A comfortable strap can play a large part in your guitar playing skills. The right color or design can also play a large roll in your overall persona.
Pick up any or all of these accessories for your acoustic guitar at Bananas at Large®.
Shop for Acoustic Guitar Accessories at Bananas at Large®
You can find all of these acoustic guitar accessories and more when you shop with us. Our team of experienced, professional musicians will help you find exactly what you want and need.
We've been providing musicians and those working in the music industry with top-rated products and equipment since 1974. Our goal is to give the feel of a community music shop of the past along with the ability to adapt to the ever-changing music industry.
Browse through our full inventory online or visit us at one of our two locations in the San Francisco area when you're looking to buy excellent accessories for your acoustic guitar.