Behringer Model D Analog SynthesizerModel D
- Shipping & Returns
- Payment Plans
- Protect Your Gear
Authentic Analog Synthesizer with 3 VCOs, Ladder Filter, LFO and Eurorack Format.
The modern synthesizer’s evolution began in 1919, when a Russian physicist named Lev Termen (also known as Léon Theremin) invented one of the first electronic musical instruments – the Theremin. It was a simple oscillator that was played by moving the performer’s hand in the vicinity of the instrument’s antenna. An outstanding example of the Theremin’s use can be heard on the Beach Boys iconic smash hit “Good Vibrations”.
In the late 1930s, French musician Georges Jenny invented what he called the Ondioline, a monophonic electronic keyboard capable of generating a wide range of sounds. The keyboard even allowed the player to produce natural-sounding vibrato by depressing a key and using side-to-side finger movements. You can hear the Ondioline on Del Shannon’s “Runaway”.
Designed by famous piano manufacturer Story & Clark in association with RCA, the Storytone piano debuted at the 1939 New York World’s Fair. Hailed as the world’s first electric piano, the Storytone is prized by musicians and collectors alike for its realistic piano sound – only 500 or so were ever built.
Finding a high level of acceptance in the 1960s, Harry Chamberlin’s Mellotron was an electro-mechanical keyboard that generated sounds by playing back pre-recorded tape loops. Although tempermental and prone to pitch and mechanical issues, the Mellotron was used extensively by many U.K. artists. Classic tracks from the Moody Blues “Days of Future Passed”, the Beatles “Strawberry Fields Forever”, and the Rolling Stones “She’s a Rainbow” are prime examples.
Manufactured by ARP Instruments, Inc., the Arp 2600 was one of the most successful synthesizers to come out of the 1970s. They were ideal for players new to the synth world, and allowed patches to be changed via switches or 1/8" audio cables. The list of recordings and artists that used the venerable Arp 2600 reads like a veritable Who's Who of rock, pop and jazz, and includes The Who, David Bowie, John Lennon, Depeche Mode, Edgar Winter, Frank Zappa and Herbie Hancock – to name just a few. An Arp 2600 was even used to create the voice of the Star Wars character R2-D2.
- Amazing analog synthesizer with triple VCO design allows for insanely fat music creation
- Authentic reproduction of original “D Type” circuitry with matched transistors and JFETs
- Ultra-high precision 0.1% Thin Film resistors and Polyphenylene Sulphide capacitors
- Pure analog signal path based on authentic VCO, VCF and VCA designs
- 5 variable oscillator shapes with variable pulse widths for ultimate sounds
- Classic 24 dB ladder filter with resonance for legendary sound performance
- Switchable low/high pass filter mode for enhanced sound creation
- Dedicated and fully analog triangle/square wave LFO
- 16-voice Poly Chain allows combining multiple synthesizers for up to 16 voice polyphony
- Semi-modular design requires no patching for immediate performance
- Overdrive circuit adds insane spice and edge to your sounds
- Noise generator dramatically expands waveform generation
- Complete Eurorack solution – main module can be transferred to a standard Eurorack case
- 48 controls give you direct and real-time access to all important parameters
- External audio input for processing external sound sources
- Low and high level outputs featuring highest signal integrity signal stages
- Comprehensive MIDI implementation with MIDI channel and Voice Priority selection
- 3-Year Warranty Program
- Designed and engineered in the U.K.
We understand that when you make an order, you want your gear as quickly as possible and we'll do our best to make that happen! Most of the items we sell will ship quickly and be at your door fast. In most cases, orders ship within 1-3 business days. Shipping and delivery dates are not guaranteed unless otherwise specified.
Most orders $50.00 and over qualify for FREE shipping within the Continental United States. Some exclusions may apply.
See our full Shipping Policy for further details.
Buy Online, Pick Up In-Store
Most orders are usually ready within 24 hours for same-day pickup or get free shipping to your local store. Just choose the "Ship to store" option at checkout.
See our full Shipping Policy for further details.
Local Pickup Only
Some products are available for local pickup only. If you’d like this item shipped, please contact us at 1 (888) 900-1959 to discuss shipping options.
If your order arrives and it is not right, we'll take care of it, no monkey business, we promise.
Instrument doesn't sound right or just not happy with the product? You can return any new, unused and unaltered item within 14 days of the invoice date or on the day the items were delivered, for a full refund of the purchase price minus shipping costs, or for exchange or credit.
See our full Return Policy for all of the pertinent details.
Play now & Pay later!
Make music more affordable with these easy payment plans. It only takes a few minutes to apply or just choose the payment option at checkout. Bananas at Large offers these online and in-store financing options: Sezzle, Affirm, FuturePay, Community Finance, Synchrony and more! Click here for details.
Who is Warranty Life?
Warranty Life is a premium provider of protection plans. Backed by A- Rated carriers or better, our protection plans bring you piece of mind knowing you are covered.
With each WarrantyLife purchase comes a free online warranty account, where you can track the warranty coverage, review Terms and Conditions and gain access to claim information should you need it. Something not offered by other warranty companies.
- Power surges
- Mechanical or electrical failures, including those due to normal wear and tear
- Defects in materials and workmanship
- Internal heat, dust and humidity