Fender Custom Shop 30th Anniversary Signature Eric Clapton Journeyman Relic Strat - Black1507002806
- Shipping & Returns
- Payment Plans
- Protect Your Gear
In 1987 Eric Clapton retired his famous Stratocaster, “Blackie”, and approached the Fender Custom Shop to craft a replacement designed to his specifications; in effect, he wanted a new pair of old shoes. The artisans went to work, and the resulting instrument was the inaugural instrument in Fender’s Artist Series—the Eric Clapton Signature Stratocaster. With the smooth feel and authentic sound of the original—along with a delicious new Journeyman Relic® finish—this special 30th Anniversary edition represents one of the finest instruments to ever come from the artisans of the Dream Factory. 2018 is the only year you’ll have the chance to add this unique Black lacquer Journeyman Relic finish, along with the feel and authentic sound of Clapton’s original signature model to your guitar collection.
The Journeyman Relic finish makes the select two-piece alder body look and feel like it’s seen countless gigs and lets the wood breathe with natural resonance. True to Clapton’s own model, the stable one-piece quartersawn maple neck with an ultra-comfortable custom “Soft V” neck profile lets your hand nestle perfectly, giving you the perfect platform for unleashing electric inspiration. The blocked six-screw American Vintage synchronized tremolo bridge maintains rock-solid tuning no matter how hard or fast you play. The TBX tone control and Vintage Noiseless™ pickups offer hum-free vintage-style Strat tone, while the active mid boost gives your sound a +25dB kick in the pants for when you need to make your solo jump out in the mix.
Other features include a 9.5”-radius fingerboard with 22 vintage-size frets, 5-way switching, single-ply Parchment pickguard, vintage-style hardware, bone nut, wing string tree and Clapton’s signature on the headstock. Includes deluxe hardshell case, strap and Certificate of Authenticity.
- Body: 2-Piece Select Alder
- Body Finish: Journeyman Relic Lacquer
- Body Shape: Stratocaster
- Neck Material: 1-Piece Quatersawn Maple
- Neck Finish: Relic'd Lacquer
- Neck Shape: Soft "V"
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard: Maple
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets: 22
- Fret Size: Vintage-Style
- String Nut: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.650" (42 mm)
- Position Inlays: Black Dots
- Truss Rods: Standard
- Bridge, Middle, and Neck Pickup: Vintage Noiseless™ Single-Coil Strat
- Controls: Master Volume, Tone 1. Master TBX™ Tone Control, Tone 2. Master Active Mid Boost (0-25dB). Mid boost kit
- Pickup Switching: 5-Position Blade - Position 1. Bridge Pickup Position 2. Bridge and Middle Pickup Position 3. Middle Pickup Position 4. Middle and Neck Pickup Position 5. Neck Pickup
- Pickup Configuration: SSS
- Bridge: 6-Saddle American Vintage Synchronized Tremolo
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Vintage-Style with Fender Logo
- Pickguard: 1-Ply Parchment
- Control Knobs: White Plastic
- Included Accessories: Deluxe Hardshell Case, Strap, Certificate of Authenticity
We understand that when you make an order, you want your gear as quickly as possible and we'll do our best to make that happen! Most of the items we sell will ship quickly and be at your door fast. In most cases, orders ship within 1-3 business days. Shipping and delivery dates are not guaranteed unless otherwise specified.
Most orders $50.00 and over qualify for FREE shipping within the Continental United States. Some exclusions may apply.
See our full Shipping Policy for further details.
Buy Online, Pick Up In-Store
Most orders are usually ready within 24 hours for same-day pickup or get free shipping to your local store. Just choose the "Ship to store" option at checkout.
See our full Shipping Policy for further details.
Local Pickup Only
Some products are available for local pickup only. If you’d like this item shipped, please contact us at 1 (888) 900-1959 to discuss shipping options.
If your order arrives and it is not right, we'll take care of it, no monkey business, we promise.
Instrument doesn't sound right or just not happy with the product? You can return any new, unused and unaltered item within 14 days of the invoice date or on the day the items were delivered, for a full refund of the purchase price minus shipping costs, or for exchange or credit.
See our full Return Policy for all of the pertinent details.
Play now & Pay later!
Make music more affordable with these easy payment plans. It only takes a few minutes to apply or just choose the payment option at checkout. Bananas at Large offers these online and in-store financing options: Sezzle, Affirm, FuturePay, Community Finance, Synchrony and more! Click here for details.
Who is Warranty Life?
Warranty Life is a premium provider of protection plans. Backed by A- Rated carriers or better, our protection plans bring you piece of mind knowing you are covered.
With each WarrantyLife purchase comes a free online warranty account, where you can track the warranty coverage, review Terms and Conditions and gain access to claim information should you need it. Something not offered by other warranty companies.
- Power surges
- Mechanical or electrical failures, including those due to normal wear and tear
- Defects in materials and workmanship
- Internal heat, dust and humidity